Page Tabs

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

24 Day Challenge - Day 1

A couple friends and I are beginning a 24 day challenge to get healthy.  We are on the quest to slim down, and get our beach babe bodies (yes, we are aware that winter is on it's way).  I'll document my journey along the way in hopes that I see some progress in my long task of shedding some lbs's. 

So far today has gone well.  I drank my energy drink this morning, which surprisingly was delicious!  Had my fiber drink and vitamins with my breakfast of raspberries and just finished taking my vitamins with my lunch consisting of a spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette and apple slices with peanut butter.  YUM!  

I haven't decided what we'll have for dinner tonight, but you can bet your sweet tush it will be something packed with protein with a giant side of grilled carrots (for me) and grilled asparagas (for the hubs).   

Lastly, before bed, I'll down my herbal cleanse vitamins.  Here's to getting healthy and eating clean!

If I'm brave, I'll post before and after pictures at the end of this 24 day challenge.  Be on the lookout......

2 comments:

  1. Hey woman! Way to go! I totally feel where you are coming from. I hate my current 'tens' on the scale, hate the way my clothes fit (or don't so much right now).... I could go on and on. Regardless of the reasons I'm currently this heavy, I'm still not happy about it or comfortable with it. Love reading your honesty, proud of your commitment to yourself, and just want to let you know you're not alone in feeling how you do. I'm rooting got you and might just follow in your footsteps in a few more months! :)
    Are you using a specific plan for this 24 day challenge? Looking into options...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are doing the Advocare, 24 day challenge. Everything is natural (no artificial caffine). The challenge starts with a 10 day cleanse. I'm telling you, today is day 6 and I feel GREAT! I am down over 4 pounds and I have so much energy. When my alarm goes off in the morning I do not feel the urge to hit "snooze", I am wide awake and ready for the day. As for food... you eat clean (lean meats, fruits, and veggies). This is not nearly as hard as I had anticipated. I am going to a meeting on Saturday to learn about becoming a distributor for Advocare.

      Delete