Page Tabs

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

3-Oh

This past July I hit the big 3-Oh.   I tried my best to avoid it a first.  I had my mind set that I was going to have another 29th birthday, that way I never had to come to terms with being 30.  However the night before the big day (while out with my best mate celebrating the last night of my 20's) I had an "ah, ha!" moment.  There I stood at a local bar and realized how incredible blessed I am.  Sure, I had a lot of magical moments in my 20's -- I got married, started my career, we bought our first house, and I gained the best group of friends I could ask for.  So that night, I decided I could do one of two things... I could dwell on turning 30 OR I could take everything fabulous that happened in my 20's with me to my 30's.

And that's exactly what I did.

- I brought my faith with me into my 30's because with God ALL things are possible.

- I brought R with me into my 30's (although he got here before I did) because life without him is not complete.

- I brought my supportive and incredible family with me into my 30's because after all, they own my heart.

- I brought my amazingly rewarding career with me into my 30's because the children I work with teach me just as much as I teach them, and we're not done learning.

and last but not least...

- I brought my fabulous group of best friends with me into my 30's because they make me whole.


After realizing all that matters most in my life will go with me into my 30's I didn't sweat it.  And once I got here.... I discovered it's not so bad.  Make no mistake though, I learned a lot about myself in my 20's.  Some lessons I will never forget.

For example, I learned...

...it's not where I am, but WHO I'm with that matters most.
...sometimes forgiving someone does not mean all is forgotten, it means you are strong enough to move on.
...there is a fine line between deciding to walk away and trying again.
...that people will hurt me, but it's how I handle that hurt that is important.
...hero's don't wear capes; they wear dog tags.
...no matter what, never take family for granted.
...to truly appreciate where I came from (Stay classy, Indiana).
...forgiving myself is just as important as others forgiving me.
...NO MATTER WHAT, God is in control - not me.


So here's to my 30's. May they be ready for all the fabulousness I have to offer, because ready or not...I'm here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment