Page Tabs

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Certified Crazy

If you missed my StL recap - you can read about that here

Somewhere during the fabulous weekend shenanigans I just had, I got the brilliant idea to sign up to run the Fort 4 Fitness half marathon here in my hometown.  Seeing as my hometown is flatter than my chest, my biggest concern is simply the thought of running 13 consecutive miles.  Last night I went out and purposefully ran through a hilly neighborhood to challenge myself (crazy: Exhibit A).  After getting semi-lost in the 'hood, and almost dying from starvation, I made my way home.  I think I could have gone farther, but was was afraid of cashing-out and not having it in me to get back home.  Once I got back to my car, I was frustrated with myself for not going farther.  

This morning while on my lunch break, this happened.... 


It's official.  I'm running the half marathon in my hometown on September 28th.  (Exhibit B: crazy)

I have printed out two training plans.  One is the Hal Higdon Novice 1 half training.  The other one is a 20 week training program Marcy sent me.  BTW - Marcy is coming up and running the half with me!  AND..... Mel, Holly, and Kira are coming to run it too!!!!  CAN'T WAIT to have them in my hometown!!  I think R is going to run the half as well!  Sorry, Hubby Jack, you're on your own holding signs with the Cheetah guy!

This afternoon, I went back to the neighborhood I ran in yesterday and cranked out another 4.7 miles.  It was windier today than yesterday and I ran in a hillier part of the 'hood.  What was I thinking?!?  I'm not going to lie, there were a couple times I wanted to hitch a ride from people driving through just to get me farther.  Today's run was hard!  I kept repeating a quote I found on Meredith's IG page over and over and over again in my head.  It got me through.


Thanks for posting that, Meredith!  You have no idea how much it helped!!

Now, here's the kicker.... Not only am I running the Fort 4 Fitness half in September, but I also am highly considering running the Rock & Roll half marathon in St. Louis on October 27th (Exhibit C: Certified Crazy).  What's happening to me?!?!?

Tuesday, out.  This girl needs ice cream!




6 comments:

  1. I can't wait!! Can we just put all of the beds in one room and have a big spoon fest?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just now seeing this! But I was thinking the same thing! Slumber party like we are 12 IM IN!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! It will be the worst best feeling. And once you cross that finish line you'll want to sign up for 100 more. :)

    Desiree'
    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. October 28....now that one I hope I can make it to. If I am recovered by then.....and why the crap is it on a monday?? also, you are already running 4 miles?! Pshhhhhhhhhtttt, you got this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally crazy!! But the good kinda crazy, lol. The Rock & Roll one sounds fun. And at least you know the one in IN is flat, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im coming too :) I registered today!

    ReplyDelete