Page Tabs

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Heavy Heart

Good morning.

I'm coming to you today with a heavy heart.  By now, I'm sure you have all heard about the devastating tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma.  Here's what you may not know.  My good friend, Kimmy, lives in Norman, OK, just south of Moore, and her kids play softball and baseball in Moore.  They have team mates who have lost everything.

Monday night, Kimmy texted and told several of us about Jules {a boy on Kimmy's son's baseball team}.  Jules, his two brothers {one of which has special needs} and his single mom have lost everything.  These boys are absolutely devastated that their baseball equipment is all gone. 



Another teammate's sister had been missing, until they found her body late yesterday afternoon.  My heart broke when I heard this.  I cannot even imagine losing everything AND my child.  My heart hurts for these families.  Please keep them in your prayers.


If you would like to do more, Kimmy has set up several ways to help these two families specifically.  She is one of the kindest people I have ever known.  Her heart is so full of love and compassion for others.  If you would like to help, email Kimmy at  kim@jamwd.com.  She has also set up a PayPal account to help these families.  That address is: rangersmoore@gmail.com

Please check out her blog for more details.

Also, Mama Laughlin blogged about ways to help the community of Moore, Oklahoma.  

If you are not able to help financially, or through other donations, please pray.  I truly believe prayer is the most powerful tool we possess.  

1 comment: