Page Tabs

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  Just warning you in advance, this is not my most exciting post.  It was a busy weekend and I don't have many picture to share.... yet.  I have a few projects in the works that I'll post pictures of when they are done, but for now, here you go.....

Friday I had a much needed girls night with some gals from school.  We did a little jewelry and Pampered Chef shopping as well as some wine drinking and LOTS of laughing.  It was a blast!  I can't wait to do it again!

Saturday morning was my first 5K.  I did the Jingle Bell Run with some of the gals I was with Friday night.  It was SO much fun!  I'll definitely run another 5K soon!  It was also a humbling experience.  As I was running, I approached a man with Cerebral Palsy.  This gentleman was  not even a mile into his walk as I was coming around for my second lap (we ran two laps around a local university campus).   Here I was, able bodied and running, thinking about how the cold air was hurting my lungs, and this guy was out there breathing in the same cold air, struggling to walk the 3.1 miles.  I decided at that point that my time wasn't important.  I stopped running and walked for probably 200 yards with this gentleman.  He was kind, he was appreciative, and he was optomistic about finishing his race.   I ended up finishing my race in 31:40, and that was just fine with me.  I met a wonderful new friend and had a great time with the friends I went to the race with.  

This is my running buddy from school.  I should have had my antlers and Rudolph nose on.
Sorry for the blur... her 8 year old son took the picture.

Our team, the Roanoke Racing Reindeer.  We were the second highest fundraising team for the Arthritis Foundation.

My brother works for this bank, so naturally I had to take a picture with the truck and send it to him.
I'm sure he'll put it in his office.  

That afternoon was my Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad's side of the family.  We shared a lot of laughs and memories of my Grandma.  All in all, I'd call it a successful day.  

Sunday, I went to church then worked in the nursery during the later service.  Then we went to my Mom's parents for lunch.  That evening I came home and primed the hutch I had made.  

Last night my parents came over for dinner and helped us decorate for Christmas.   They are coming back tonight to finish and my Dad is going to help me put lights on top of my cabinets.  Pictures to come.  Also, I'm hoping to get my hutch finished tonight.... I'll post pictures of that finished product as well.

My new Sephora goodies should arrive tomorrow -- fingers crossed for complete products and not dust... 

Happy Tuesday!!!  Just 13 more school days until break!!!

1 comment:

  1. You KNOW i'm hormonal and reading about you walking with that man just made me cry, you are such a sweetheart!!!!!!