Page Tabs

Sunday, October 24, 2010


... and it feels so good!!!

This past weekend I hopped on a plane and headed to Biloxi, Mississippi. I left Fort Wayne at 6:00 in the morning on Thursday and arrived in Biloxi at 11:00am knowing I would not be able to see Ross until 4:15ish. My thought was that I would head to my hotel, check in, and take a nap. That did not work out very well as I was not able to check in at the hotel until 4. So, there I was, in a town I had never been to with nothing to do. I had a lot of time to kill, so I grabbed some lunch (at perhaps the only Taco Bell that does not have grande soft tacos) and walked around the BX. After walking around for about 15 minutes I asked someone for a suggestion of something to do. Learning that my options were going to a casino or going to the mall, I opted for the mall. Upon arriving at the mall and taking a lap around, I decided that was not much fun either, as I packed just a carry on and did not have space to pack potential purchases. Thank goodness for the beach! I decided my best option for the remainder of the afternoon would be best spent walking the beach and taking pictures. Something I enjoy, but is not necessarily Ross's favorite activity.

I had a great time walking and snapping photos and before I knew it, it was 3:30. So, I headed back to my rental car and made my way back to base. At 4:00 I went and checked into my hotel... I will leave out the details about the hotel room, as it was perhaps the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in (coming equip with a SHARED bathroom). Finally, at 4:15, Ross called. I told him where I was and he met me at the hotel. After 14 weeks I was finally able to hug him!!!

Thursday evening Ross and I went to B Dubs with Newell, Stanko, and Bradford... Ross's usual crew. After B Dubs we went down to the beach with the guys to an old lighthouse and had a few beers. Then it was time to call it a night.

Friday we had breakfast in Ocean Springs, then went bowling. We decided to go bowling for just an hour, thankfully. With just two of us, we managed to play about 4 games, all of which Ross won. After bowling we called the guys and planned on going to The Shed for dinner. Boy were we impressed! This was the best pulled pork I have ever had!!! The building itself it a shack, but the food was fantastic!! After dinner, the guys asked us if we wanted to go bowling with them. Ha! Twice in one day at two different locations! This time, however, I beat all the guys!!

Saturday Ross and I slept in then went to the Beau Revage for breakfast/lunch. Then we walked around the casino for a bit before calling the guys to see what they were up to. That afternoon, Ross, Bradford, and I drove to Gulfport to Jack and Diane's Tattoo Shop. I was the only one of the three of us who followed through and got a tattoo. Saturday night we grabbed a quick dinner at 5 Guys Hamburgers then went to a movie with the guys.

Sunday, we got up early and went to the hotel so I could request an extension on my room. "Unfortunately", the room I had been staying in was to be occupied that night so I would have to stay in a different room. Oh, darn... Before checking into the new room, we went and played Putt-Putt. I beat Ross, fair and square! THANKFULLY, Sunday night I was able to stay in the Tyer House Hotel and had a wonderful room. That afternoon, before Ross had to be back at the squadron, we just hung out at the hotel and watched a movie.... and took a nap.

Monday morning I was up early to get back to the airport and catch my flight home. It was great meeting the guys Ross spends his free time with. I don't worry about the people he selects as friends, as he is a good judge of character, but it does help to meet his friends if for nothing else to have a face to put with the names.

I am looking forward to going back to Mississippi in 33 days and spending Thanksgiving with Ross.

More to come....

1 comment:

  1. a shared bathroom? thats like my worst nightmare. You pooped in there didnt you!?