Page Tabs

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Empties


As mentioned in my Make-Up Organization post, I am posting my monthly empties.  I am determined to use the products I already own.  I have so many half full bottles of shampoo and about a million travel size lotions from hotels.  I always take them with the intention of keeping one in my purse, but that doesn't usually happen.  Now, I have WAY too many.


This month's empties are pretty random.  Most of it is shampoo and skincare items.  There are a couple of make-up empties though. 


First up, is Nexxus shampoo.  I like the way this shampoo smells (my main reason for purchasing it), however I will not be purchasing it again.  I am trying to get rid of other shampoo's before switching to my all natural shampoo.  



Crest 3D White Strips - I use these probably every three months.  I love them and have used them for years.  I will definitely be repurchasing these.  



Bath and Body Works, Stress Relief body wash - I love the scent of this.  I've been using it for a long time and will be purchasing it again.



Random array of travel shampoo and body wash - These bottles were half full.  They are here purely because they are empty.  None of them will be repurchased. 



Aveeno Travel Size Lotion - I bought this back when I spent a lot of time on flights two and from Mississippi.  It had about enough left in it to use twice.  I like the consistency of this lotion and would repurchase it when I run out of hotel lotions.  (Hotel lotion pictured with Aveeno)



Clinique Eye Make-Up Remover - This is my holy grail for removing my eye make-up at night.  This is definitely a repurchase for me. 



Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion - This is a product I used simply because I had it.  I prefer Clinique's moisturizing gel because I have oily skin.  If you have dry skin I would highly recommend this moisturizer.



Urban Decay, b6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray - This spray is supposed to prep the skin with vitamins and help reduce redness and shrink pores.  My lovely Sephora gal gave me this sample because I have such oily skin.  Honestly, I didn't notice a different when I used it verse times I did not use it.  I probably would not spend the money to purchase the full size bottle of this.  



Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser - Again, this is a sample I used simply because I had it.  I do not have acne, just the occasional break out.  I felt like this was a good face wash to use in the morning, but will not be purchasing the full sized bottle.  



Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste - This is my favorite toothpaste.  I have several teeth that are very sensitive.  I feel this has helped and I love how fresh my teeth feel after.  I will definitely repurchase this. 



Ole Henricksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - Love this!  My skin feels so soft after applying this. This is a sample size I got from my Sephora Beauty Insider points a while ago.  I loved it so much I went and bought the full size before this sample was gone.  




Too Faced LashGasm Mascara - I got this in a pallet and liked it.  I'll be honest, it's not my favorite, but I did like it.  I don't know if I'll be repurchasing it or not.  I still have a lot of mascara to go through before I consider purchasing any! 



Revlon, Just Biten lip stain - I liked this product, but not the color (Instinct).  This lip stain has a marker on one end (the stain) and a chapstick on the other end.  I liked the chapstick end very well.  My lips were very well hyrdrated.   I might consider buying this product again in a different shade.  



Gap, Dream Perfume -- Okay, before posting this, I wasn't sure if they even make this anymore.  This is a bottle from my college days, at least.  Back in the day, this was my favorite scent.  So much that I couldn't bring myself to use the last of it.  Weird, I know.  But now it's in my empties.  I still like the scent, but I wouldn't repurchase it.


So there they are; my empties for January.  Be sure to check back at the end of February for more empties.  I'm sure I'll have more make-up empties this month.  I have several eyeshadows that have hit pan.  

Happy Wednesday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally started doing this subconsciously. I have so much crap and just need to use it all before buying more! I did get a sample of the collagen booster that I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love Whitestrips... NO excuse to not have white teeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete