Page Tabs

Monday, October 8, 2012

Eat, Drink, and be Married

This past weekend I had the honor of standing in my cousin's wedding.  He and I have always been very close growing up.  I was completely floored and thrilled when he asked me to be in his wedding.  He married an incredible gal with an amazing daughter.  I am so geeked to have them as part of our family!  
We had the rehearsal on Friday, followed by a lovely dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house.  It was a fabulous evening catching up with the wedding party and meeting my cousin's other side of the family.  

Saturday morning started bright and early for the girls as we had hair appointments at 8am.  The salon was awesome providing us with breakfast foods and beverages.  They also allowed us to bring champagne in for mimosas (after all, what early morning celebration is complete without them!).  

We arrived at the church at 10:30ish and got our lovely bride into her GORGEOUS dress.  Then it was time for pictures with the bride and pictures with the groom.  Now, let me tell you at the risk of sounding strange... my cousin cleaned up pretty well!  He looked handsome in his tux.  After several pictures it was go time.  We all lined up and walked down the aisle.  

Seeing the bride's daughter cry as her mom walked down the aisle was very touching.  Also seeing my cousin tear up as his bride walked was sweet.  

It was an early wedding (12:30) with a later reception (5pm).  So that left time for the wedding party to go have some fun in between.  We went to a place called Perrin Brewery in Grand Rapids.  This place was a blast!  I ate the best fries smothered in beer cheese and had a couple adult beverages.  We also played shuffle board.  Around 5 we left for the reception to be introduced at 5:30.  

It was a great evening celebrating an amazing couple.  It was the kind of awesome weekend where you leave with more facebook friends than you had upon arrival.  I really hope we can keep in touch with the wedding party.  They are a fantastically fun group!  

And just because no post is complete without a few pictures.... here you go!!!


This sign sign greeted us with goodies at the salon.  


In the process of getting my hair did.  This chick ROCKED at up-do's!!!


Finished product.  all of my hair was swept to the side with TONS of curl.  I triple heart loved it!


Between the wedding and pre-reception celebration.  Did I mention how much I triple heart loved my hair?



Love this kid!  The groom and me celebrating at Perrin Brewery.



Dancing the night away with his daughter (in the black and white dress with her back to us).  They were One Direction dancing fools.


That's all for now.  Hitting the gym tonight to shed the lbs's I packed on from the awesome food and beverages from the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment